Official Forum of Qlimax Hosting
r defence just swallowed us u

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Qlimax Hosting Forum Index // Voorbeeld Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yyys123

PostPosted: 23-08-2019 08:00:47    Post subject: r defence just swallowed us u Reply with quote
WINNIPEG -- Canadian Olympian Brittany Schussler has retired from competitive long-track speedskating. The 29-year-old from Winnipeg has competed internationally for 13 seasons and this past year was named Speed Skating Canadas top female long-track skater. "Competing with Canada written on my skin suit has been the biggest honour I could ever ask for, and something that I have never taken for granted," Schussler said on her website. "I could not be more proud to be Canadian, and that was never more true than at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. The energy and support of the crowd that I felt in my first Olympic race, the 1,000 metres, is perhaps my favourite moment of my entire career." Schussler represented Canada at three Olympic Games. In Vancouver in 2010, she took fifth place in the team pursuit event, 25th in the 1,000 metres and 35th in the 1,500. In Sochi in 2014, she was fifth in the pursuit, 19th in the 3,000 metres, 26th in the 1,500 and 30th in the 1,000. She was also an alternate for the 500-metre and pursuit events at the 2006 Turin Games. Schussler was part of team pursuit squads that won gold at the 2009 and 2011 world single distance long-track championships and silver in 2008 and 2012. She was also part of nine pursuit World Cup gold medals, to go with five silver and a bronze. Individually, she won one World Cup silver and five bronze medals in the 1,500, along with a bronze in the 3,000. Her final medal was a bronze in the 1,500 last November in Astana, Kazakhstan. Schussler is part of the Canadian trio that set the womens pursuit record time of two minutes 55.79 seconds at Calgarys Olympic Oval on Dec. 6, 2009. "The devotion and passion she brought to the sport helped to promote speed skating and values promoted by our sport not only on the ice, but also outside the rink," Speed Skating Canada president Jim Allison said in a release. "Congratulations Brittany and good luck for your next steps." Yeezy Boost 350 Billig Kaufen .Y. -- Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire will have less time to remain eligible for the Hall of Fame ballot under changes made Saturday. Adidas Neo Schweiz . First, Ivan Nova decided to have season-ending Tommy John elbow surgery. Then Michael Pineda was suspended for 10 games for using pine tar. http://www.yeezyschweizkaufen.com/yeezy-boost-schweiz-outlet.html . At 11:06 of the first period, Neal struck Marchand with his knee when Marchand was down on the ice. Marchand remained in the game. Neal was assessed a kneeing penalty for his hit on Marchand. Yeezy Boost 350 Größentabelle . With a win tonight, Buehrle will match Yankees ace Masahiro Tanaka for the most wins in the majors with 11. Buehrle is 10-4 with a 2.32 earned run average, but has lost his last three starts, including a 7-3 setback at Yankee Stadium last Wednesday. Stan Smith Kaufen Schweiz . The Marlies centre set up three goals, including the game-winner, as Toronto cruised to a 4-1 victory over the Oklahoma City Barons in American Hockey League action. SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Even when they found themselves in a 3-0 series deficit to San Jose, the Los Angeles Kings never doubted they had what it takes to mount a memorable comeback. Thats what winning a Stanley Cup together two years earlier can do for a teams confidence and thats how a lack of post-season success can eat away at anothers psyche. Anze Kopitar scored the tiebreaking goal late in the second period and Jonathan Quick made 39 saves to cap the Kings historic comeback from three games down with a 5-1 victory over the Sharks in Game 7 of their first-round series Wednesday night. "When youve gone to the top of the mountain with the same group of guys its a little bit easier when youre at the bottom to come up," said captain Dustin Brown, who scored an empty-net goal to seal the game. "Thats what a lot of this team is about, our guys who have stuck together and played together for years." Drew Doughty, Tyler Toffoli and Tanner Pearson also scored for the Kings, who became the fourth NHL team to win a best-of-seven series after losing the first three games. The Kings joined Toronto (1942), the New York Islanders (1975) and Philadelphia (2010) as the only teams to complete that comeback and now will get another California showdown in the second-round with the first Freeway Playoff against the Anaheim Ducks. "Thats fantastic," Doughty said. "This is something were all going to remember for the rest of our lives. Were not done yet. We have to move on." Matt Irwin scored the lone goal and Antti Niemi made 25 saves for the Sharks, who added perhaps their most bitter playoff disappointment to a history of them. San Jose has the second most regular-season wins in the NHL the past 10 seasons but has never made it past the conference finals. "This is as low as its been for me, and for the players that have been together for the six years that Ive been here," coach Todd McLellan said. The way the Sharks started this series by outscoring the Kings 17-8 to win the first three games, it looked as if this could finally be their year. But Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau and the rest of their stars went mostly missing the final four games, the power play could not convert on its final 15 chances and the defence made too many lapses, leading to their second sstraight Game 7 loss to their California rivals.dddddddddddd "Theres been a lot of low points, but yeah, this is definitely one of them being up 3-0," Marleau said. The Sharks took their first lead since Game 3 in the opening minute of the second when Irwins point shot beat Quick through a screen to provide a jolt to the crowd that only got bigger when San Jose drew a penalty less than a minute later. But a hooking call on Tommy Wingels negated that power play and Logan Couture then got called for an elbowing penalty, giving Los Angeles a two-man advantage for 6 seconds. Before Wingels could get back into the play, Doughty tied it when he beat Niemi from the faceoff circle. The Sharks had three more power plays in the second period to give them a chance to go back ahead, but Los Angeles killed every one of them with Quick robbing Marleau with a glove save on the goal line to thwart San Joses best chance. "Those were obviously critical," Kings coach Darryl Sutter said. "Jonathan was able to make that one highlight save. I think that gave us a little momentum." That save was emblematic of a remarkable turnaround this series for Quick, who allowed 16 goals the first three games but held the Sharks to just five over the final four wins. The Kings responded after the fourth penalty kill when last years Game 7 hero Justin Williams found Kopitar, who made a nifty move to beat Niemi with a backhand to give him points in all seven games this series. "Drew, Quickie and Kopi were our three best players tonight," Brown said. "You win and lose with your best players." The Sharks lost because their core players came up empty late in the series with Irwin and third-liner James Sheppard getting the only goals in the final three games. "I think their defence just swallowed us up right now, to be honest with you," Thornton said. "They just played real tight defensively and their goaltender got hot like he usually does this time of the year." NOTES: The Kings became the fifth team to beat the same opponent in Game 7 in consecutive seasons. ... Both teams were without a key defenceman as San Joses Marc-Edouard Vlasic missed his second straight game with an upper-body injury and Willie Mitchell was out for Los Angeles after getting hurt in Game 6. ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Qlimax Hosting Forum Index // Voorbeeld Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: